Sunday, August 25, 2013

Dining table decoupage

More than a year ago, I “discovered” decoupage, and started to decoupage “everything that was on my way”. I was experimenting with various techniques, following many tutorials, and I am still learning.
I was so excited when I started, and wanted to make some drastic changes at home. And…the dinning table was one of my first attempt. I used napkins but not being experienced, the final result was not so excited.
Last week, I decided to redo the table. The mistakes I did the first time, actually eased the whole exercise. It was not very difficult to pill out the napkins.
Of course, with some help.
IMG_0113IMG_0114IMG_0123IMG_0115
As you can see from the pictures, the first time I had applied the napkins directly on the table ,which was not a clever idea.
So, this time, I painted the table white and yellow, with two coats, and then put the napkins.
IMG_0135IMG_0136IMG_0139
IMG_0144IMG_0145
Hope you like the pattern. Remember the nightstand from the last post? I used the same colors and similar napkins
The chairs are already done. (here).
IMG_0146IMG_0147IMG_0149IMG_0150IMG_0152IMG_0154IMG_0157
Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,
Blogger Labels: table,pictures,chairs,techniques,tutorials,decoupage,napkins

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I love your projects! I also love decopauging w napkins. I'm currently doing terra cotta pots, and I was wondering, do you have any thoughts, or know of any tutorials that deal with the slant of the pots? I know I've seen a tutorial somewhere that said something about cutting the napkins or paper at angles to compensate, but I can't remember where I saw it. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete