Monday, March 5, 2012

Strawberries

 

As the strawberries season is approaching I thought I searched a bit about some tips and tricks on strawberries – how to keep them fresh, or, how to clean them. You would agree with me that washing and taking out the top leaves.

So, here are some tips I found:

Do not wash the strawberries until you eat them.

If you don’t have tupperware, or similar container, put them in a GLASS jar. 

strawberris in a jar

When it comes to washing and cleaning, remove caps from strawberries only after washing (the caps keep the water from breaking down the texture and flavor inside the strawberries.

I wonder how this has never come to my mind before

strawbery 1

So easy. Just use a pipe.

starw-cocktail-juice-liquid-pipe-thumb14293622-1

And then, prepare them the easiest way

While still wet, roll them lightly in a little almond meal.

Serve.

strawberries-simple

Photo and recipe by Just another food blog

No comments:

Post a Comment